Hi there, what mood do you usually wake up in each gifted morning?
If you (like I) have either grown up around or lived amidst anyone who can quarrel at full volume before even saying “morning” you know how absolutely precious calm morning-moments can be for your mind and the attitude you approach the rest of the day with.
In today’s post, let’s walk through a morning routine that you can tweak to suit and try sometime. See if it helps you be productive at home, with thanksgiving moments, work tasks and household responsibilities, without overwhelm while taking care of what’s on your plate. In this rough and withering world where phones chime and ping for everyone’s attention and breaking news is fighting for first place, we have to guard what we feed our minds (especially) first thing as we rise.
Again, I’m no expert at this but have some distant memories of bouncing through the day like a bunny and thankfully now enjoy some lighter moments linked to productive days while working at home. It might sound like relaxation but this is a part of armouring-up.
The contents and volume of our lives may be different but the benefits to taking these steps will probably be very similar if not the same.
A sweet morning doesn’t guarantee a smooth day – after all, it’s a fallen world, but what we feed our minds first thing on a daily basis matters.
7 steps to refresh your morning routine and some techniques you can apply during the day to get career-work and household duties ticked-off the tending list, without being overwhelmed.
Side effects may include:
⁃ being and feeling quietly joyful and thankful in the morning
⁃ being pleasantly tired at the end of the day, so much so that you get a good night’s rest and by grace, wake up calm and refreshed the next gifted day.
⁃ looking forward to time sweating under the sun in the garden or with your plants and enjoying fresh air doing the simplest everyday activities.
⁃ finding otherwise tedious activities helpful for trimming down, toning up and keeping your home tidy.
Let’s get to those 7 tips for a refreshed morning routine for a productive workday at home.
Of course, there will be sweet surprises, breaking news flashes, energy dips, tough days and unexpected calls or messages in the mix but for the most part, there are steps we can take on a daily basis to tend to our health and the home we’re in while taking care of business.
Do you use an alarm to wake up? If yes, what does it sound like and how loud does it chime or holler? Think about the tone for a moment – is it startling – annoying – up-beat – pleasant to the ears?
If it could do with a sonic replacement that’s more considerate to your morning state of mind, have a light scroll through the sound library and select a more gentle but still effective tone. Maybe set another one 5 minutes after, in case that one’s a bit too subtle.
Onto that morning routine flowing into afternoon time. Decide how much time you can or want to spend on each and choose the order that works best for you, or better yet – add some ideas that harmonize well with your life in this season:
1. Reading 📖 and giving thanks while sipping a hot drink before tending to your plants.
3. Making breakfast while a load of laundry 🧺 is in the machine.
4. Enjoying fresh air while setting clothes out on the line. If you use a dryer, how about making and sipping a smoothie in the meantime? A fresh air moment can also be you sitting by an open window cherishing the moment or doing breathing exercises.
5. Watching or listening to something with substance while taking care of your skin/hair, without rushing.
6. Light housecleaning while refreshing your thoughts. Ever cleaned a desk, room or shelf and regretted it? Me neither. Chances are, you’ll appreciate and enjoy the space more after.
7. Writing that blog post or magazine article, sending an email, completing an assignment, submitting that essay, starting a poem, uploading that song or working on whatever project THEN doing a home workout before cooling down with a good “fresh.”
Some light mornings can morph into heavy days, and some evenings can be brighter than moody mornings, but as time on this blue, green and sandy earth 🌍 is temporary, it’s truly something special to enjoy and savour each gifted morning.
And even before that. Setting the ambience for a sweet rest at the end of each day can influence how we greet the next morning that comes by grace.
Care to share? Feel free to in the comments. Do you already do one or a few of these 7 steps on a mornin’?